Statement earrings are definitely making their way back onto the fashion scene. Whether your going for glitz and glam or chic casual look they are a must-have for the fall. If you know anything about me, by reading my blog, I looove me a good statement piece of jewelry and not too long ago I showed you how to DIY a stunning necklace with buttons. Now I’m going to show you using the same buttons how to make some stunner’s to deck out your ear lobs! Check out the steps below.
- Buttons with open-work designs and contrasting colors. One needs to be smaller than the other ( you can get them here)
- Earring posts and earring backs
- Jump rings
- e6000 glue
- Plier Cutters
1. When you choose your buttons find two in contrasting colors and one needs to be smaller than the other. Start by using your cutters nip off the button loops on all your buttons.
2. Take your smallest button and slide your jump ring through one of the openings.
3. Add your larger button then close up jump ring with pliers.
4. Add a good amount of glue to your earring post.
5. Center on small button while applying a little pressure. Hold for a couple of seconds. Place earrings face down and allow to dry for 24 hours.
Voila! After 24 hrs you will have a fabulous pair of statement earrings.